Each year Front Porch Fest is put on by a group of devoted and enthusiastic people that work as a family to produce a festival that promotes music, family, and love. We invite you to come and join our family this year by volunteering your time to make this the best weekend of the year!
We have high expectations from our volunteers in the hopes that Front Porch Fest will continue to grow and become a better festival each year. We could not even begin to think about putting on this festival without the dedication and support of our volunteers. We thank you ahead of time for your help and hope that you get just as must as we do out of Front Porch Fest this year and every year to come!
- Free admission to the festival
- Volunteer exclusive Front Porch Fest t-shirt
- Exclusive after party featuring Hotel Deville(a Grateful Dead experience)
(After party will be on Sunday evening and will include post-fest show and cookout – volunteers are encouraged to stay an extra night and camp with us on Sunday!)
General Volunteer Information:
- Volunteer slots will be offered in the following areas: front gate, merch tent, parking, volunteer check-in, and green team
- A limited amount of Pre-Fest(set-up) and Post-Fest(clean up) hours will be available. Please contact Sarah Wray for more information.
- Volunteer hours completed during the festival will be broken into two 4 hours shifts.
- Each Volunteer will work at least 8 hours
- $60 deposit in the form of a check (deposits will be returned upon completion of 8 working hours). Deposits must be postmarked by August 15, 2013 and can be mailed to 1777 Rye Cove Creek Rd, Stuart,VA 24171
- Must be 16 years of age to volunteer – those under 18 must have a signed parental consent
How to Become a Volunteer:
- Complete the form at the bottom of the page.
- Mail in deposit prior to August 15, 2013.
- Volunteer positions will not be reserved until deposit is received.
If you are considering volunteering at Front Porch Fest please be sure to read the following information:
- The deadline for signing up to volunteer is Aug. 15th. We create a volunteer schedule prior to the festival in order to ensure all departments are adequately run. Volunteer slots are allotted on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Persons who attend the festival and do not complete the agreed-upon 8 hours of work will not be refunded their deposit.
- Each volunteer area will have a department head. It is your responsibility to meet with the department head at the beginning of each scheduled shift you receive. It is their job to familiarize you with the job you will be performing and answer any questions you might have. Department Heads will report whether or not volunteers complete their 8 hours of work.
- It is imperative you fill in your estimated arrival and departure time on the Volunteer information sheet to help us provide you with the best schedule we can. We try very hard to design a schedule that works for you; however, we are unable to accept special requests. If there are certain areas you would be unable to work in due to physical or medical limitation, let us know and we will be happy to accommodate your needs.
Please contact Sarah Wray to request a volunteer slot or to ask any questions regarding volunteer information.
We look forward to you joining the Front Porch Family!